The Poudre Fire Authority (PFA) Fire Prevention Bureau is responsible for enforcing the fire code within PFA's service area through fire code education, fire safety and construction inspections, commercial plan reviews, and permitting. The Bureau also provides educational resources for area businesses, and manages the Hazardous Materials Management Plan (HMMP) program within the Fort Collins, Timnath, La Porte and Bellvue areas.
- Firehouse Promotions Scam Alert
- Participate in the 2011 Fire Prevention Performance Standards Benchmark Survey
- 2011 Fire Prevention Goals
- Get your building plans reviewed and approved
- Request a final building or system inspection
- Request a Knox Box Lockup or Contents Update
- Development Review Application
- Find your ISO rating - Updated 1 January 2011
- Apply for a permit
- Take the 2011 Fire Prevention Bureau Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Tent Permit Application
- Hazardous Materials Management Plan Submission Form
- Haunted House Permit
The performance standards have been adopted by the PFA Board of Directors to measure the performance of the protection at a macro level. This analysis is a quantative review of fire prevention efforts whic include built-in fire protection equipment. The performance standard survey is a means of comparing PFA's performance against other jurisdictions to assess how well the organization is performing.
In December 2010, the Poudre Fire Authority Board approved the 2011 Fire Prevention fees, including new fees for Development Review. Beginning March 15, 2011,Poudre Fire Authority will begin charging fees to review plans for proposed construction development.
The Poudre Fire Authority Fire Prevention Bureau has established four goals for 2011, all of which focus on effectively and efficiently serving external and internal customers. As always, Fire Prevention goals coincide with Poudre Fire Authority’s current strategic plan, which sets the direction of the entire fire department and determines funding priorities.
Goals for 2011 and their corresponding strategic plan goals include: